Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Lava Dessert



I kind of just had to throw this together because I was running out of time before I had to leave for work, and I wanted this ready to throw in the oven when I got home so it would be ready to go after our Valentine's Day dinner.  Consequently, I kind of had to improvise.  I was a little nervous how it would turn out, but when John and I had the first bite, we were SHOCKED at how delicious it was.  John's words: "This is the...best...chocolate...dessert...I have ever...had."  So here is my twist on this recipe form The Sister's Cafe.


{What you need}
2 2/3 cups (19 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter
1 cup half and half
1 cup sugar
8 eggs
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract (yes, Tablespoons)


Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with Pam.  In a saucepan, combine chocolate, butter, cream, and sugar.  Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and stir until smooth.  Pour into a large mixing bowl; cool.  In another mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 3 minutes or until fluffy.  Beat into chocolate mixture, a third at a time, until blended.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour into prepared pan, place on a baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (top may crack).  Let it sit for about twenty minutes, ladle out a serving on a plate or bowl (will be a thick "lava" under the top cake layer.  And it won't really have a ton of form once you serve it up.).  Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.  Die happy.  Is also delicious cold.  It tastes like a super thick brownie batter.  Wowzers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails