Saturday, June 18, 2011

Crepes



John served his mission in Montreal and loves all things French.  Incidentally, his whole family is in France right now, but we had to stay behind because I could go in to labor at any moment.  So for Father's Day John requested a feast of breakfast food, starring crepes.  So classy and delicious!


{What you need}
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1 1/3 cups flour
2 pinches of salt
3 teaspoons vegetable oil.


Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.  Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with oil.  Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan with a thin layer of batter.  Cook 2-5 minutes, turning once, until golden.  Repeat.


Serve with fresh cream, strawberries, bananas, powdered sugar, lemon juice, nutella, whatever you like.

Also, I'm looking for a good savory-crepe dish, like one that is filled with chicken salad or something.  If you know of any, please pass them along!!

1 comment:

Elle said...

We used to occasionally visit a crepe stand in Austin called Flip Happy (great place to visit, but not regularly, since the wait is easily an hour...if you're ever in town)...anyway, they had a Moroccan crepe, and it's my FAVOURITE. I was looking online at their website for the specific ingredients, but I can't find it. I started making just my version of the filling at home myself and serving it over rice. The basic idea of it, though, to the best of my memory (and how I make it) is with onions, baby spinach, zucchini, peppers, with bite sized chunks of white chicken in it, all covered in harissa, with some Moroccan spices (like garlic, cumin, coriander--all to your taste). I think I might try an Indian filled crepe soon. A friend brought me a jarred tikka masala sauce that you just add your chicken bites to & warm...that can't be too bad in a crepe, either, not to mention quick!

Related Posts with Thumbnails