Friday, August 19, 2011

Emily's Pork Tenderloin


Hello nummies fans!  It has been far too long since I've posted a recipe, but I'd say I have a pretty good excuse.... Welcome to Sweet Baby James!

born 7-27-2011
7 lbs. 6 oz.
19.5 inches

We have been having a great time, but there hasn't been much cooking going on around these parts.  People have been incredibly generous, though, and have provided us with delicious meals for the past few weeks.  My cousin, Emily, brought us this incredible pork dish {in addition to staying for several hours and cleaning my entire apartment} and mentioned that the recipe was in my Favorites cookbook {called Aunt Amy's Delicious Pork Tenderloin}.  John and I were flipping out over how delicious it was, so I looked the recipe up in my cookbook and am now adding it to our personal favs.  Thanks, Em, for everything!!

{What you need}
2 to 3 pork tenderloins
8 oz {or 50 oz, if you're a mushroom lover like us} sliced fresh mushrooms
for marinade:
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons dry mustard
1 tablespoon pepper
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced  

Blend the marinade ingredients in a blender.  Pour over tenderloins and marinate for 3-4 hours.  Grill pork on the barbeque at medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.  Add mushrooms to the remaining marinade and heat through.  Slice tenderloins and pour marinade over top to serve.  We had it with rice.  Delish!!

Also, stay tuned for an upcoming giveaway to celebrate 100 recipes on Nummies
And don't forget to "follow" Nummies.  Love ya! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails