Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Poppy Seed Bundt with Lemon Icing

Another winner from my girlfriend Jill! This is a very classy dessert with a unique flavor. And it's super easy, you'll just love it.

{What you'll need}

1 yellow cake mix

3/4 of a package of the large instant vanilla pudding mix

4 eggs

1 cup of sour cream

1/2 cup of water

1 tsp rum flavoring

1/2 cup melted butter

1/4 cup poppy seeds

Mix dry ingredients together, add wet ingredients, and put in a bundt cake pan.

Bake at 350 for 40-45 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.

{Glaze}

1/2 tsp. milk

1 tbs melted butter

Juice of half a lemon

( I don't use real lemons. I use the lemon juice and I usually put 3-4 tbs. in or how ever

lemony you want the glaze to taste.)

1 1/4 cup powdered sugar.

Make this shortly after the cake has come out of the oven. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.

This is one of my most favorite cake desserts! I hope you enjoy it!


I also divided this and put it into small bread pans for individual treats. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes and they'll turn out great!

(Compliments of Jill Montgomery)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails