Monday, November 1, 2010

Chocolate Lover's Favorite Cake and WINNER!


Whenever someone in our family has a birthday they get to pick a cake for me to make them for our wee family party.  My darling sister Ellie is pregnant and is craving all things chocolate, so this was her choice.  She was NOT disappointed.  None of us were.  When they say Chocolate Lover's Favorite, they ain't lyin!!  This is, by far, the best chocolate cake known to man.  And it's so easy to make!!

{What you need}
1 package devil's food cake mix
1 (3.9 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup melted butter
5 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

{sauce}
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
   
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.  In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix.  make a well in the center and pour in sour cream, melted butter, eggs and almond extract.  Beat on low speed until blended.  Scrape bowl and beat 4 minutes on medium speed.  Blend in chocolate chips.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  Bake for 50-55 minutes.  Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cake plate and drizzle with frosting.  Best if served warm!

While the cake is baking, combine all frosting ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on low, stirring constantly, until chocolate chips are melted and it is all blended.

compliments of allrecipes.com


************************************************************


::::WINNER TIME::::
CONGRATULATIONS TO
JILLIAN
who wrote:
Well Jessie, I love these Sliders as well! My sister gave me this recipe a long time ago, so I was so excited to see it on your blog too! I actually don't like ham, but I made this for my husband and I and I sure did love it all put together like this. Your blog is great, and I hope all good things come to you for all you are doing! :) I am excited to make your breadsticks for my next family party. That will for sure be my favorite recipe, as soon as I make it! :)
xo- Jillian

email me at 
henrie.jessica@gmail.com
to claim your prize!
Congratulations!!
Thanks to everyone for participating!  It was a fun turnout for my first giveaway.  Stay tuned for more nummies and fun to come!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails