Friday, February 17, 2012

Lime Chicken Fajitas


I'm not usually one to think of Fajitas as an option for dinner--they just never really pop into my mind.  I think I've had them maybe a total of three times in my life.  But I've been trying to think outside the box lately and I realized I just so happen to have the ingredients for these fajitas on hand. THEY WERE DELICIOUS!  John and I were both so surprised at how much we like them.  They were so easy, too, and super healthy!  I think these puppies are a new addition to our rotation.

{What you need}
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 large onion, cut into rings
1 large green pepper, sliced into strips
1 large red pepper, sliced into strips
2 Tablespoons butter
flour tortillas

{other}
guacamole
salsa
cheese
sour cream

Combine the chicken, pepper, garlic salt, and lime juice in a tupperware and secure the lid tightly.  Shake the container so that the chicken gets evenly coated in the seasons.  Let sit as long as you can, up to several hours in the fridge if you have time.  In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the vegetables.  Saute for about 4 minutes, or until the onions start to caramelize.  Remove the vegetables and add the chicken.  Cook until no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes, then add the vegetables again and heat through.  Serve over warm tortillas with your choice of condiments.

(Inspired by the recipe 'Family Fajitas' from "Favorites")

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails