Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chicken Apple Salad


I have been hunting down this recipe for literally over 2 years now and finally got a copy of it from my mother-in-law the other day!!  So happy!!!! I've already made it for a baby shower and it was a major hit!  So refreshing for summer and doubles great for entertaining.

{What you need}
2 pounds cooked chicken tenders, cubed
2 tart apples, cored and cubed
8 oz. of Gouda cheese
8 oz. package bow tie pasta, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 cup pineapple tidbits
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
2/3 cup sliced almonds (I left these out)
{dressing}
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tbsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. poppy seeds

Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.  Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and mix well.  Chill salad and dressing separately.  Dress salad right before serving for best results.


1 comment:

Kid's Kitchen said...

my favorite thing is that you don't take your own pictures...this is TOTALLY something I would do!! haha...LOVE ALL OF THESE...yum!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails