Sunday, February 21, 2010

Favorite Waffles

So John and I have this tradition where we have a big yummy breakfast together Sunday mornings (well, we're trying to make it a tradition...I don't know if two Sundays in a row counts as a tradition yet...). Sometimes he makes it, and sometimes I make it. If I am in charge, he knows we are going to have . . . WAFFLES!! My favorite breakfast food!! Here is the recipe I use. It comes from the cookbook Favorites, by the Ivory family.

{What you need}
1 3/4 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
(I accidentally used 3 tablespoons and would you believe they were still delish!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Mix ingredients well and bake in hot waffle iron. Top with desired toppings, we like blueberries, strawberries, whipped cream, and boysenberry syrup. Oh, and we have a heart-shaped waffle iron for extra cuteness
(and they seem to taste better when they are shaped like hearts).


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails