Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cabbage Crunch Cole Slaw


A delicious and elegant variation to a regular cole slaw.  My MIL recently made this for a birthday bbq and I was delighted to see that I already had the cookbook that the recipe she used was from.  This may be my new favorite summer salad!

{What you need}
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c sugar
3 T vinegar
1/2 t salt
flavor packet from ramen noodles {I used chicken flavor}
1/2 head cabbage, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
2 T toasted sesame seeds
1 package ramen noodles, broken up and uncooked
1/2 c toasted sliced almonds
red seedless grapes, as desired {I used about 2 cups}

In a blender or food processor combine veg oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and ramen flavor packet.  Pour over shredded cabbage.  Add green onions and sesame seeds.  Toss together.  Just before serving, add ramen noodles, almonds, and grapes.  Makes 6 servings, and easily doubles/triples/etc...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails